Baby Dies In House Fire

Updated: Jul 23, 2020

Police are investigating after a baby girl died in a house fire in Bargo last night.

Emergency services were called to the house on Avon Dam Road, Bargo, about 6.25pm (Sunday 12 July) after reports of a fire.


Fire and Rescue NSW and the Rural Fire Service worked to put out the blaze, which destroyed the house.

During a search of the house, the body of a five-month-old girl was found inside.


NSW Ambulance paramedics treated a 79-year-old woman and 57-year-old man for smoke inhalation and lacerations. A 27-year-old woman was treated for shock.

They were taken to Campbelltown Hospital in a stable condition. An 18-month-old boy, who appeared uninjured, was also taken to hospital as a precaution.

Officers from Camden Police Area Command established a crime scene and are investigating.



Recent Posts

See All

Bringing suicide ‘out of the shadows’

Lifeline marks World Suicide Prevention Day, today (September 10), with Out of the Shadows events to remove discrimination and isolation surrounding suicide. In 2018, the last reporting period, 3,046

ABOUT US
CONTACT US
ADVERTISE WITH US
FOLLOW US 
  • Facebook
  • Twitter