top of page

Real estate office on fire

A fire is being contained in the upper floor of the Ray White Real Estate office on Argyle Street, Camden.

The fire broke out into the upper floor of the local real estate agent at around 5pm this afternoon (August 30) and travelled to the back of the building and to the ground floor igniting gas bottles out the back.

Aaron Scott a passer-by with the help of Plough and Harrow Inn proprietor Russell Lowe attempted to put out the fire by using a fire hose from the inn.

After Mr Scott first noticed the flames, he ran to the front of the building and saw there were two people from Ray White inside trying to put out the flames with fire extinguishers.

The staff members managed to leave building and move their cars from the back for the building before the fire took off.

Russell Lowe’s premises is just a few door away from the real estate office; he and Mr Scott tried to hose the adjacent shop (Looking Class) but when gas bottles started igniting and flames appeared, the two men stepped back.

A number of fire brigade units arrived. The fire is yet to be extinguished with firies watering the front and back of the shop as well as adjacent buildings.

There has been no report of injuries.

A fire broke at Ray White Real Estate, Argyle Street Camden. ( Photo Aaron Scott)

NSW Fire and Rescue hosing down the front of the real estate office at Camden.

Recent Posts

See All

Headmaster receives OAM

Dr Stuart John Quarmby, founding headmaster of Wollondilly Anglican School, has been awarded an Medal of the Order of Australia (OAM) for his service to primary and secondary education. Dr Quarmby was


bottom of page